Saturday, January 31, 2009

Progesterone Cream

My Journey to Health
By Sally Gross




I am happy to share my story. If I can help just one person avoid or heal for hormone imbalance, I will have done some good in the world.

In 1993 after having our last child, we decided to have my tubes tied as a form of permanent birth control. This meant my body wouldn't have the egg go through the fallopian tube and be fertilized.

Little did I know that our bodies need this cycle to make progesterone (300 mg a month). Our bodies use this hormone for every cell in our bodies supporting everything from mental well being to our digestive system to our libido. 

My symptoms were as follows:

I experienced chronic strep and bladder infections.
Yeast infections plagued me.
My iron count fell to 15 when it should have been 35-40.
I suffered severe fatigue and depression.
I had constipation and terrible gas attacks.
I was hospitalized with acute pancreatitus and had many attacks thereafter.
I as told by my doctor that I was a borderline diabetic.
My gallbladder was having problems.
I felt nauseated if I ate or if I didn't eat. Nothing appealed to me as far as food wasconcerned except high carbohydrates and sugars. I craved them.
I as in constant pain which wore me out. I had fibromyaligia. It hurt to be touched and I experienced a traveling pain. I had developed skin and sinus allergies.
I started having headaches, and disturbed sleep patterns. At times I was exhausted but couldn't sleep.
I took anti-depressants which really didn't help. They took the edge off but left me foggy feeling and with a low sex drive.
When I went in for a pap smear they found precancerous cells.
When ovulating I would experience terrible pain. At one of my yearly check-ups the doctor found  cysts on each of my ovaries.
My lymph glands were constantly tender and swollen.
I often had open sores in my mouth.
My eyes stung all the time.
I started having irregular menstrual flow with heavy clotting and cramps.
I had pre-menopause bone lose.
I was exhausted and had to sleep a great deal.
I developed facial hair.
My hair began to thin.
I experienced hot flashes.
I had unexplained weight gain.
I would bruise easily and heal slowly.
I had severe mood swings.

I went through ten years of hell. Nobody knew what to do with me. The doctors said there wasn't anything organically wrong with me. In the end, after spending a small fortune, they sent me to a psychiatrist. Nothing worked.

I prayed and pleaded to know what I could do. I wanted to live, not just survive. I wanted to be involved and enjoy my family. I was sick and tired of being sick and tired.

There is so much to my story, but I will cut to the quick. I read Dr. John R. Lee's books: What your Doctor May Not Tell You About Premenopause and What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause. I learned all about hormones and what they do and why we need them. It changed my life! I now have my life back and do the things necessary to be healthy. 

If you have any questions, I would be honored to share what I am doing to help in any way I can. 

You can contact me at sallygross@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment